|What makes Ascot Parnell unique?
- Location, location, location ! You don't need a car.
- Parnell is a quiet and safe neighborhood, with residences generously spaced apart.
- Contemporary architecturally designed luxury lodge. (by Avery architects Auckland 2002)
- Tranquil garden setting in historic-heritage neighborhood.
- 180 degree city-skyline & harbor views.
- Spacious guest lounge, kitchen & sun-balcony for sole use of guests, (not shared with owners).
- Cooked breakfasts made to order from extensive menu.
- Secure in ground covered parking, security card entrance, private elevator.
- Air-conditioning and iPhone/iPad dock-musicplayer in all rooms.
- Hosts available throughout day (hosts don't run off to a job, just as you need them.)
- Hosts have welcomed guests for the past 20 years.
- Small business meetings welcome for up to 8 individuals.
- 12 meter swimming-pool in subtropical garden.
- Unequaled value for money in Auckland.
- Wir sprechen auch Deutsch, on parle français, Wij spreken ook Nederlands
Ascot Parnell is a quiet contemporary high-end-b&b in a safe central location
. A moments stroll from Parnell-Village
, numerous (50plus) cafes and restaurants, craft shops, art galleries and local services such as the post office, banks and everything one may need. In easy walking distance of the Auckland Museum
& Domain, ASB Tennis stadium, the Parnell Rose Gardens
, and near the Vector-Arena
. Also the Auckland University
, Auckland Hospital
and AUT are nearby. When staying here, you do not need to rent a car to visit our wonderful city, but if you come by car there is plenty of free secure underground-parking. We're within minutes (1mile/1.5km) from the cruise-ship terminals
alongside the Hilton Hotel, and The Cloud event-centre, ferries
|Facilities at this
Built amidst the sub-tropical gardens of this historic neighbourhood
, Ascot Parnell offers 3 tranquil and generous suites, light and airy, with large windows, all with garden or harbour views. The rooms and balconies have been architecturally designed
to capture all day sun, with every window framing another spectacular view of Auckland’s beautiful harbour, and city skyline. Coffee and tea making facilities, and complementary cookies are available from the kitchen. Guest-fridge in the kitchen is stocked with refreshments.
There is a 12.5 meter swimming-pool and sun-loungers. Avery Architects designed and built our home in 2002 to the highest specifications. He created a most comfortable home, with spaces you would expect of a 5-star hotel.
|Free internet & more:
The spacious contemporary interior offers well designed and comfortable living spaces, such as the guest-lounge which opens up to a large sunny balcony with spectacular harbour- and city skyline views
; thé perfect spot to soak the afternoon sun with a glass of wine after a long journey or a day sight-seeing. There is a library with travel books, a paperback exchange, New Zealand & international magazines and newspaper. A desk with Apple Mac-PC offers free Wireless Internet. On cool nights cuddle up around the open fire-place with a hot drink or a glass of New Zealand wine.
is a sumptuous affair with such choices as fresh organic fruit, organic yoghurt, low fat or soy-milk, home-made muesli, Belgian pancakes, French toast, or gourmet omelets (including vegetarian choices) made with free-range eggs. With some notice (preferably when you book) we can stock for most dietary needs
(coeliac/gluten, dairy intolerance etc..) items such as goats milk, goats cheese, rice-milk, rye- or gluten-free bread, pumpernickel, spelt bread, rice bread or rice wafers. Coffee and tea and complementary cookies are available from the kitchen throughout the day. Just help yourself.
| Public Transport:
Both the Inner and Outer link-buses stop every 10 minutes at the corner of our street. The LINK-services are the easiest way to get around Auckland. See Route-map here>>
. The Airport Shuttle-bus stops at the door. The railway station, ferry terminal and inter-city coaches are nearby.
Bart can Meet and Greet you
at Auckland-Int-airport by arrangement. When making your room-reservation let us know your expected time of arrival and flight number. Especially convenient if you are arriving from an early or late international flight.
The owners (Bart and Therese) live in the adjacent condominium with Khalifa and Zubaidi, their aristocratic and well-mannered Salukis, who will make absolutely certain you are well looked after.
Reservations: All major credit cards are accepted. (Master-card and Visa Card preferred). Because Ascot Parnell is so popular, it is recommended to book well in advance. Ascot Parnell inn is thé place to stay in Auckland !