We recommend restaurants for their quality ingredients and passion for their kitchen-craft. Some middle of the range restaurants permit you to bring your own wine, B.Y.O.. Labeled as (BYO) here below. Dining out in New Zealand offers great value for money. New Zealand is blessed with the best ingredients in the world, mostly organically grown or even just caught from nature. You will love Parnell for the broad range of excellent cuisine available. Combined with the excellent breakfast at our house, you are in for a treat. Tipping is generally not expected in New Zealand restaurants.
Fine dining: (dress code: formal, Semi-formal, smart casual)
- the parnell, The Parnell, 149 Parnell Road, Parnell, Aucklan, 09/887-9272 or 09/309-3878
- Cibo , 91 St. Georges Bay Road - Restaurant & Bar, N.Z./Pacific 'fusion' cuisine, Award winning Fine dining restaurant - Ph: 09/303-9660
- Antoine's, 333 Parnell Road - Silver service, fine dining for a special occasion. Award winning restaurant. - (09) 379-8756.
- Gion Japanese Restaurant, 168 Parnell Road, 09/379-3344
Quality dining: (casual atmosphere)
- The Blue Elephant, (BYO) 237 Parnell Road - Thai Restaurant - (09) 358-3095
- Sale & Pepe Italian, (BYO) 149 Parnell Road, Parnell, European cuisine - (09) 309 3878
- Oh Calcutta, (BYO) 151 Parnell Road - Best Indian Restaurant - (09) 377-9090
- Karin, 237 Parnell Road - quality Japanese cuisine - (09) 356-7101
- Parnell Bar and Grill, 196 Parnell Road, Parnell
- Kopi-O Restaurant & Takeaway: (new address) The Sentinel Tower, Auckland. 09-486-0122
- Di Mare, (BYO) Shop 9 251 Parnell Road - Steak & Seafood - (09) 300-3260
- Hayashi, 261 Hinemoa Street, Birkenhead, Auckland, Japanese Restaurant, (09) 418-3011
Quality on a shoestring:
- Cozy BBQ, (BYO) 391 Parnell Rd, Korean Restaurant - (09) 309-3780
- Eduardo's, (BYO) 483 Khyber Pass Rd, Newmarket, Italian / Middle-Eastern - (09) 524 6725
- Catch a Fish Takeaway, 64/6 Gladstone Rd, Parnell, Fish & Chips, Best in Auckland - (09) 379-8686
- Pandoro bakery, 427 Parnell Road, gourmet sandwiches.
- Burger Fuel, 187 Parnell Road, gourmet burgers, (09) 377-3345
Fine dining in down-town (5 to 10 minutes by taxi)
- The French Cafe - 5 star restaurant. 210 Symonds St. Auckland.
- The Grove - 4.5 star. The Grove marries exquisite modern New Zealand cuisine with a relaxed and sophisticated atmosphere. St. Patricks Square, Wyndham Street, Auckland. (09) 368-5169.
- Vinnies - Herne Bay, Fusion/N.Z.-South Pacific cuisine. Award Winner. 4.5 stars. (09) 376-5597.
- Clooney, Award Winner. (Modern European cuisine). 33 Sale Street City. 4.5 stars. (09) 358-1702.
Dining adventures out of town
- Alley Katz - Orewa, Hibiscus Coast Phone: 09 426 0548
- Hallertau Brewbar & Restaurant - State Highway 16, 1171 Coatesville Riverhead Hwy, Riverhead, Auckland, New Zealand. +64 9 412 5555, email@example.com
- Sola Cafe in Thames -720b Pollen St, Grahamstown, Thames 3500, New Zealand. +64 7 868 8781, firstname.lastname@example.org